Hey! I’m Maddy, and I’m so stoked that you’re here.
I’m a twenty-something-year-old with an unending appetite for adventure and awesome food. If you feel the same way, we’re going to be great friends.
Over the past few years, I’ve been traveling the world, meanwhile going to school and working.
I’m a firm believer in the idea that anyone can travel and live a more adventurous life, so I created this website to share my tips, stories, and inspiration to help you do just that — live adventurously, whether you’re abroad or at home!
To sum myself up into a paragraph: I’m all about exploring this beautiful planet and experiencing everything it has to offer. Cooking, beaching, snowboarding, hiking, and eating are a few of my favorite pastimes. I love all kinds of travel, whether it’s to a big city, a beach town, or a mountain resort. I’ll never turn down a delicious-smelling food truck, even if I’ve just stuffed my face with a five-course meal. And I’m always game for any adventure.
More about me…
- My list of favorite places is long: Norway, Bali, New York City, Paris, Budapest, Italy, Peru, and of course, my home in Southern California.
- I’m a Potterhead for life. I probably shouldn’t admit that I know most of the lines to every film. I’ve also devoured each book at least twice.
- I’m a fan of the finer things — red wine, bean-to-bar chocolate, good cups of tea, delicate pastries, fancy hotels, craft beer, and fine-dining experiences.
- But on the other hand, I’m also extremely down for things like hiking, camping, adventure sports, exploring gritty neighborhoods, and feasting on all kinds of street food.
- I speak Spanish, but I also speak food words in many languages — Italian, Indonesian, German, Dutch, French, etc. Which is the real accomplishment here?
- Love it or hate it, country music is my jam.
- I am a strong advocate for spending money on experiences over material things.
- I earned my degree in Strategic & Corporate Communication, which is essentially marketing and business through a communicator’s lens.
- I love to cook, which is why you’ll find delicious travel-inspired recipes all over this site!
- Snowboarding is one of my favorite pastimes and it’s something I wish I had more time for. Back in high school, I’d board almost every weekend in our local mountains.
- You’ve never seen eyes light up like mine do when the server brings food to the table.
- I’m hopelessly addictedto beeswax lip balm. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
- I have terrible eyesight and even worse allergies to dust.
- I take my In-N-Out cheeseburgers with grilled onions. Weekly (that is, when I’m home).
Again, thanks for being here!
I couldn’t be more excited to share my adventures and insights with you.
If you’re new here, make sure to stop by the Start Here Page, so that you can learn more about what this blog is about and find my best resources!